play.zaluria.com
Players Online

A Worthless Suggestion For Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ooglesmurf

IGN: Ooglesmurf

Suggestion Location: Server

Suggestion Description: Welp, time to make a suggestion that's probably already been made a dozen times before.
I think it would be nifty if there was a sort or 'jack of all trades' option for jobs. But wait, don't stop reading already! I know you've read this same thing much too many times, but I have more to the idea than that.
Obviously, allowing people to simply do all jobs would just make the Zalurian economy even worse, so it'll have to be nerfed. First of all, it would only give half money and experience (maybe even drag that down to just a third instead). This'll stop those who only want to do one job in the first place from losing out. Secondly, it should take 2 job slots. This way, you have to actually play for a bit before you can even pick this one at all. Of course, what about the players with 3 or 4 job slots? Well they would be able to have 1 or 2 jobs that pay fully as well. For example, if someone was to have three job slots, they could be a jack and a miner. This would give them 100% experience and payout from mining, and 50% from all other jobs.
Now, you might think this is an awful idea; it may just seem a bit much for the economy to take. You might think that everyone's just going to end up at level 100 everything and kill the economy. Well, although some players would most certainly max out all the jobs, most people would never get that far. Consider how miner, the most popular job, still doesn't have anyone at level 100 despite some players grinding way more than they probably should. It would take years for anyone to max out all the jobs, especially at 50% (or even 33%) experience. Consider someone like myself, perhaps an example of a more normal player. My highest job level is only 41. Even with 100% job experience, it'll still probably take me years to max out even 1 job. Players who get sick of grinding their job and want to do something new aren't usually willing to lose months of work. This has even caused some people to leave the sever because they feel like there's nothing else they can do.
I suppose my words probably aren't enough to change your minds, and you've likely seen this exact same suggestion too many times already. I wouldn't be surprised if you could even point out servers that collapsed their economies by implementing this, but I figured I might as well say something anyways. Also, if you're still reading this, I still wish that pumpkins paid for builder, but that's besides the point. I'm just hoping that someone actually reads this.

Additional Comments: I don't really mind if this suggestion is never implemented. In fact, I'd more surprised if it was. I just hope that you at least give me the privilege of having my suggestion properly denied.

MrMacor

Manager
Staff member
Content Manager
Content
Thank you for the suggestion! However, this isn't something we're interested in implementing. This would require rewriting a lot of the existing job plugin's code, which isn't something we want to spend time on right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.