Players Online

Adding /bank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grande___

IGN: Grande___

Suggestion Location: Server

Suggestion Description:
Adding /bank is more so for convince. But it will allow savings of money to grow. It also allows chest shops to be made and set for only a certain amount of money to be lost when a person is offline. As balances are growing, this command is becoming something that would be highly used. Please consider adding /bank.

Thank you.

MadEyeMann

I had originally had this written out on a document on my desktop, and had planned to post it a few weeks from now, but I'll post it here as a response since you beat me to the punch:

The bank feature is a very simple idea and command that would benefit all shop owners (especially ones that own many Chestshops!).

Unlike real banks which give interest (though very small), in a Minecraft economy this causes many problems (especially for long-term players), where 1% interest a day (even on only 10M is 100k day (which would only take 70 days to double to 20M and the cycle continues)). Therefore, I am not suggesting /any/ interest.

Commands you could use for /bank could be:

• /bank {deposit} {amount} – deposits X amount of money into the bank from your balance.
  • /bank {withdraw} {amount} – withdraws X amount of money from the bank into your balance.
The most significant part of this feature is that the bank keeps money for you that cannot be lost when players try to sell to Chestshops. This is also important for Chestshop owners who do not want to lose all their money overnight when players sell to their Chestshops. Of course, the only alternative to this is making a town and keeping your money in the town bank (though, to make your own town just for a bank is silly).

Last edited:

Grande___

I had originally had this written out on a document on my desktop, and had planned to post it a few weeks from now, but I'll post it here a response since you beat me to the punch:

The bank feature is a very simple idea and command that would benefit all shop owners (especially ones that own many Chestshops!).

Unlike real banks which give interest (though very small), in a Minecraft economy this causes many problems (especially for long-term players), where 1% interest a day (even on only 10M is 100k day (which would only take 70 days to double to 20M and the cycle continues)). Therefore, I am not suggesting /any/ interest.

Commands you could use for /bank could be:

• /bank {deposit} {amount} – deposits X amount of money into the bank from your balance.
  • /bank {withdraw} {amount} – withdraws X amount of money from the bank your balance.
The most significant part of this feature is that the bank keeps money for you that cannot be lost when players try to sell to Chestshops. This is also important for Chestshop owners who do not want to lose all their money overnight when players sell to their Chestshops. Of course, the only alternative to this is making a town and keeping your money in the town bank (though, to make your own town just for a bank is silly).
Thank you Mad!
When I said money growing I didn't attempt to imply interest. I just meant that it is much easier to save money when you have a bank to save it to.

MrMacor

Manager
Staff member
Content Manager
Content
Thank you for the suggestion! This has been implemented (but without interest). You can now use /bank deposit and /bank withdraw to control the amount of money in your bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.