play.zaluria.com
Players Online

Mobs despawning

battpac

IGN: Battpac
Bug Location: Server

RESOLVED(ish). Please read the reply below.

Bug Description: The sheep in my sheep farm are randomly despawning. I'm not sure why, as I'm well within the 25 mobs per 16 blocks limit (coords are 7474, -4643 if you want to check) and didn't have any problems with despawning sheep until I came back from my ~month long break a few days ago. If the mob limit was changed, please let me know :).

How to replicate: be at my sheep farm for 10 minutes or so. You might even see a sheep disappear in front of you.

Additional comments: I did a quick test with named sheep and they still despawn. Was hoping naming the sheep would fix the issue, but unfortunately it didn't.

Last edited:

battpac

UPDATE:

My old sheep farm (the one in the original bug report) was a layered farm, with 5 layers of (ideally) 16 sheep in each. After removing all the sheep from that farm and building a new, single-layer farm, I haven't had nearly as many issues with missing sheep. I still have a sheep disappear occasionally, but that's more likely due to me being stupid than any despawning issues. Therefore, this issue is seemingly resolved.

I would like to see the rule about the mob limit be put into the server rules though, similar to how the rule about the hopper limit is.

Thanks for reading!