play.zaluria.com
Players Online

no name maparts (wallpaper)

sabbowabbo

IGN: Sabbowabbo

Suggestion Location: server suggestion

Suggestion Description:
as we all know, you can name and copyright mapart, right? but what about wallpaper mapart? could we add a copyright that doesn't have a name nor the name of the player that copyrighted it on the mapart so its not annoying when you hover over it?

Additional Comments: yeet

Discord: s♥a♥b♥b♥o♥w♥a♥b♥b♥o#6444

Kaitlaninator

Content
Staff member
Content
This is my personal opinion as a map artist and in no way is a professional response from staff. :)

Though I do like that my name pops up when hovering over the map-- it tells players I made it--, there are multiple ways to get around this feature of the /copyright plugin.

1. You could always create the map yourself.
-You then have the opportunity to decide whether to copyright it and the option to sell it. All it takes is time and effort!
2. You could propose an agreement with the map artist from whom you're buying.
-For example, I neither sign nor copyright map commissions, but these are more expensive than public maps.
-Alternatively, some map artists may be willing to give you a deal on your private commission if they are allowed to sell the map publicly, too.
-Though I can't speak for other artists, I know I have non-copyrighted and unsigned versions of all my maps, as well, just in case.

We have amazingly kind and talented map artists on the server, and I'm sure they would be willing to at least discuss these options with you, whether it be to help you begin your map art career or build a commission for you. I don't think it's necessary to change this feature of /copyright, as there are ways to avoid it.

Last edited: