play.zaluria.com
Players Online

(Oki sorry I keep posting these) refine the anti afk grinding rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esperantastic

ign esperantastic

description:
Oki so like with basically every contraption I've ever made on the server there's always been worries that it's violating Zaluria's surprisingly vague afk rule. So like I'd appreciate it if it was changed to this because I understand it and it's slightly clearer:
"AFK farms are not allowed. No generating items without player interaction - i.e. all mobs must be killed by hand or fed to a wither via buttons, the part of any farm that harvests it must either be manual or harvest the farm once when activated by the player
In a smeltery, you need to manually (i.e. not using a hopper) either put in the items, put in the fuel, or take out the smelted item
No automatically moving the player to avoid the afk timer
No macros - including auto clickers and auto typing commands (except messages or ads in /tr)
Interactions between hoppers and brewing stands are not allowed"

That way it clears up that not every part of every contraption needs to be activated by a player and specifically what bits do need to be manual

DrTyttex

I dont understand whats so vague about this section of the rules, its pretty clear what you should and shouldnt do. If you keep making contraptions that violates the server's rules perhaps you should read them again or ask for a clarification.

Wolfhound1

Manager
Staff member
Staff Manager
Our current rule about this is:

▫ Do not use AFK/auto contraptions, such as anti-afk pools, fishing machines, auto farms etc. If it can operate, kill, break etc without you directly and actively interacting with it, do not build it. This includes:
▫ Riding in a minecart to harvest crops, autofishing, and autoclickers
▫ Macros are not allowed. Any mod, script, addon etc that provides fast crafting or macro-esque capabilities is not allowed. The macros that are allowed are chat macros that paste into chat, such as /tr ads. Command macros are not allowed.
▫ Mob grinders that do not require you landing the final killing blow on the mob. You must land the final hit for it to be legal.
▫ If you are not sure, consult a staff member about whether a machine is allowed.
▫ Smelters require three steps to operate - placing items in the furnace to be smelted, placing in fuel to the furnace, and removing items from the furnace. In order for a smelter to be not fully automatic and therefore legal, players must perform at least one of these actions manually. This must be done directly into the furnace not via a hopper.
▫ Using hoppers with brewing stands is not allowed.
I personally think the current rule is quite clear so I'm a bit unsure on what's confusing about it - what specifically in the current rules do you think is unclear or what do you think needs specifically adding?

Esperantastic

(Sorry I forgot to respond to this lol)
Oki so like
When I was making the chef setup I had a problem with the word "operate" because that makes me think that anything that isn't directly triggered by the player is an afk contraption, which made me worry that my collection system would get me banned for an afk machine. Similarly "directly and actively" originally made me worried (and I'm still not sure) that farms which on button click harvest like 1k+ of an item are allowed because I'm not directly or actively interacting with all of it, same for activating multiple farms through one button or through pressure plates scattered across my town
With the gold farm I had the issue of "You must land the final hit for it to be legal" because I was using iron golems to make magma cubes fall into unloaded chunks and despawn
And with the brewing stand it could still do with clarification on whether or not we can use droppers to put items into them

Wolfhound1

Manager
Staff member
Staff Manager
I think the rules on automatic machines/farms aren't vague and are quite clear as they are, and don't really need changing. Any confusion can always be clarified by talking to and listening to staff.

Droppers are not allowed with brewing stands, just as hoppers are not (this has been added to the rules for clarification, but droppers do not work at all with brewing stands).

Status
Not open for further replies.